• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Realistic SA 100C, TM 100 restoration

I recently found a pair of Minimus 7 speakers on Craigslist but was too late. Someone beat me to 'em. Would have been perfect. Ah well....
 
Last edited:
Very nice thread. Thanks for sharing this rebuild with us. I always wondered if it was possible to make a wonderful sounding low power amp from these mini Realistic units.
 
Last edited:
Very nice thread. Thanks for sharing this rebuild with us. I always wondered if it was possible to make a wonderful sounding low power amp from these mini Realistic units.

I enjoy making these threads - glad to see people enjoying them.

Wonder no more! This one, apart from the pots, sounded good from the start!
 
I have what is known as the BeoVirus!

Didn't they just have a major outbreak of that in Europe. :) Their stuff never really floated my boat but they were certainly ground breaking in the style department. In that vintage I rather like Phase Linear's Styling.

Talk about power hungry!

Yes, acoustical power that is. I love a speaker that can give you concert hall levels from the headphone output of a transistor radio. :D
 
Do we even want to know why or how you knew that was there.:thmbsp:

Doesn't look good, does it? :no: That actually came up while searching for an old movie I hadn't seen in decades. By the time I figured out this wasn't the movie I had already seen another use for the SA-100. :lmao:
 
You mentioned a TM-100. Do you plan to get into it, as well?

Yes I do. Actually I have already opened it up and peeked around. I've never been inside an analog tuner before and this is definitely frightening!

The TM 100 actually works very well. The worst thing about it is the massive chunk missing out of the side wood piece. So far I've been hiding it by placing the units side by side.

There is about a handful of electrolytic caps which will get replaced, thats about it.
 
Yes I do. Actually I have already opened it up and peeked around. I've never been inside an analog tuner before and this is definitely frightening!

The TM 100 actually works very well. The worst thing about it is the massive chunk missing out of the side wood piece. So far I've been hiding it by placing the units side by side.

There is about a handful of electrolytic caps which will get replaced, thats about it.

tuners, don't straighten out parts to look nice.or wires, just in case you might want to do that.Some ok, others not ok.
 
Really nice thread on rebuilding the Realistic SA-100.

That is too much! LOL

:yes: Then, it wasn't just me.

Yes I do. Actually I have already opened it up and peeked around. I've never been inside an analog tuner before and this is definitely frightening!

The TM 100 actually works very well. The worst thing about it is the massive chunk missing out of the side wood piece. So far I've been hiding it by placing the units side by side.

There is about a handful of electrolytic caps which will get replaced, thats about it.

My SA-100 has a scratch on the faceplate. If we went together on a eBay "parts unit" you could have the side wood pieces and I'd take the faceplate. We'd have the seller disassemble and ship to both of our locations.

Of course, I'm kidding because I know we'll still lose in shipping costs. But, it was fun to think about for a minute. :yes:

Looking forward to the tuner work over!
 
:yes: Then, it wasn't just me.



My SA-100 has a scratch on the faceplate. If we went together on a eBay "parts unit" you could have the side wood pieces and I'd take the faceplate. We'd have the seller disassemble and ship to both of our locations.

Of course, I'm kidding because I know we'll still lose in shipping costs. But, it was fun to think about for a minute. :yes:

Looking forward to the tuner work over!

Haha yes, that would be great! I'm suprised to see how people are actually, deeply interested in these little amps!! :thmbsp:
 
The Grandfather of evman140, and my father.

Well... it took me a while to find this, but I must say something, "Hey that's the stereo that was in my room when I grew up." That unit played a whole bunch of Kiss and Rush LPs, a few old 8 Tracks (Richard Pryor Wanted, was my favorite.)
But I am honored, that you credit Dad with a remembrance like this. So I will also honor my old man with a pic. Dad was always on the leading edge of communications in the Army, working with Gen. Westmorlan as well as doing some spook stuff in southeast Asia.

So enjoy.

MacNeel
5254_1193536444773_1419290610_30548958_5866505_n.jpg
 
That is a great pic, I've never seen that one before! This is amazing and is really motivating me to finish this project. Thanks MacNeel ;)

This picture is timely too, as my long-awaited order of capacitors is arriving on Wednesday. Simultaneously, Wednesday is the last day of school and I plan on having some significant progress made Thursday.

Stay tuned everybody, this project is gearing back up!
 
Back
Top Bottom