• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Realistic STA-2000D help

I've got a Realistic STA-2100D that has the right channel sounding a little bit muddy. I've cleaned all the pots and checked the offset. I've narrowed it down to the preamp but thats as far as I can go. Anybody got a schematic or any ideas?
 
Register to hide this ad
2000 or 2100

both are listed in original post.

I picked up a 2000D a few weeks back if you need a parts unit. Mine works but is a bit rough cosmetically.

interested Gary??
 
maildude1960 said:
I've got a Realistic STA-2100D that has the right channel sounding a little bit muddy. I've cleaned all the pots and checked the offset. I've narrowed it down to the preamp but thats as far as I can go. Anybody got a schematic or any ideas?

You say you have cleaned the pots but did you clean all of the
other push button switches? If not do so I've had something like
a dirty tape monitor switch cause this sort of thing.
 
I tried to the best I could, might have to break it down a little more. I know the function switch is flaky, I've cleaned it over and over again and the lights that show what input is active flicker and go dim until you bump the switch.
 
Back
Top Bottom