• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Realistic T-200 mid range replacement

ClshCityRckr

New Member
Hey everyone, I just acquired a pair of Realistic Otpimus T-200 but unfortunately one of the midranges appears to be toast. I'm having a hard time finding direct replacements so was wondering if anyone could recommend a good substitute. I don't know a whole lot about them other than they're 6 1/2, 8 ohm, and 30 watt. They are installed in sealed canisters within the enclosure. Any help is greatly appreciated!
 
Register to hide this ad
I have metered the speaker, and the coil is open. I will probably have it repaired at some point but looking for something to replace it with in the meantime.
 
Hey everyone, I just acquired a pair of Realistic Otpimus T-200 but unfortunately one of the midranges appears to be toast. I'm having a hard time finding direct replacements so was wondering if anyone could recommend a good substitute. I don't know a whole lot about them other than they're 6 1/2, 8 ohm, and 30 watt. They are installed in sealed canisters within the enclosure. Any help is greatly appreciated!
I've had good luck using Dayton Classic 6.5" woofers as midrange units in vintage speakers. It would likely require a slight modification to the crossover though. https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-DC160-8-6-1-2-Classic-Woofer-295-305?quantity=1
 
Nice looking builds! You're using the Dayton Audio metal dome and the Silkie in your designs?
 
Back
Top Bottom