• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Realistic T200 fair price

Register to hide this ad
the foam is rotted and one of the woofers is not original. They are mine and I am trying to decide if I should fix them up or part them out. I know rat shack doesn't get much respect but I think the T200 are highly regarded. I have no room for them so they gotta go. I wouldn't mind putting some money in them but don't want to take a loss. I would put $60 max in them and hope I get it back plus extra for my time. I would be happy to get &100.
 
Unfortunately the non-OEM driver is a killer. With original drivers and new foam they are pretty good sounding speakers. I think you would be in the ballpark at $150 ~ $200 if the cabinets are in good shape. With one odd driver and bad foam I am afraid that $50 is about right.
 
Unfortunately the non-OEM driver is a killer. With original drivers and new foam they are pretty good sounding speakers. I think you would be in the ballpark at $150 ~ $200 if the cabinets are in good shape. With one odd driver and bad foam I am afraid that $50 is about right.

egg-zack-a-tackly.
 
egg-zack-a-tackly.

Thats pretty much what I thought all along. That driver is very scarce. I keep looking thinking one would turn up and got on the Yahoo rat shack users group...none to be had. Guess I will keep looking ... Surely there must be one out there some where. FeePAy just had a couple of 16ohm woofers go for around $30 but they did not match the T200 and they weren't even identical.
 
FINALLY tracked down OEM replacement woofer. Time to refoam and spiff up the cabinets. These are fine looking speakers can't wait to hear them!
 
Wow, that's great! It must have been quite the treasure hunt to track one of those down. You may as well replace the crossover caps while you are at it. When I did mine I also replaced the internal wiring with some better wire. I think you are going to like them!
 
Realistic t-200 speaker replacement woofers

Hey Mr Jones, Where did you find the OEM replacement woofers at? I own 3 sets of the Realistic T-200 speakers and need to replace 1 sets all 4 woofers. Someone at sometime replaced them with the wrong ohms and they sound very dull, my other 2 sets on the other-hand sound awesome. I have my dads 1977 Marantz 2385 receiver hooked to one set which they are in mint condition, They sound awesome!
 
Wow, that's great! It must have been quite the treasure hunt to track one of those down. You may as well replace the crossover caps while you are at it. When I did mine I also replaced the internal wiring with some better wire. I think you are going to like them!

Good point Ultra-Hog!
Might as well see how good I can get these to sound. :music:
 
Hey Mr Jones, Where did you find the OEM replacement woofers at? I own 3 sets of the Realistic T-200 speakers and need to replace 1 sets all 4 woofers. Someone at sometime replaced them with the wrong ohms and they sound very dull, my other 2 sets on the other-hand sound awesome. I have my dads 1977 Marantz 2385 receiver hooked to one set which they are in mint condition, They sound awesome!

I tracked down a used replacement and consider myself lucky to find the one ! I tried and couldn't find a new OEM replacement.

Couldn't help but notice that you have been a member since 2006 and this is your first post ? You must REALLY want those drivers bad to break your vow of silence for them.:yippy:
 
I need a pair of t-200 woofers also, I been looking for a pair about 2 , maybe 3 years now ....lol


It took me a long time to find mine. I monitored eBay with no luck. Finally found a guy on the Yahoo Radio Shack user forum that had one.

Good Luck!
 
Back
Top Bottom