• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Realistic Wide-Range EQ problem?

WZ in Japanese zeners are 1/2 watt, BZ is 1 Watt. So those are 5.6V 1/2 Watt zeners.

Craig
 
It's many years after the fact but having just come into possession of one of these EQs with the 'flicking led' problem, I was able to fix it thanks to the information provided here. How did you KNOW it was the 33uf capacitors?! Is that simply electronic skill and understanding? I do a lot of electronic repairs quite successfully, believe it or not, but I never would have understood what was going on with this problem. I can use a scope and meter well, check voltages and check components but never would have made the connection with his fault. Many thanks.
 
Oh, and many thanks to 'Reverb' for the schematic for the 31-2000 as opposed to the hundreds of 31-2000A versions available. Life saver sir, thanks.
 
Back
Top Bottom