• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

REALLY interesting audio auction

fiddlefye

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I hope this isn't the wrong place to post this, but it sure is different! No connection with seller or anything to do with this auction, but it just looks really like an interesting thing to go for if you want to jump into up-scale vinyl listening completely from scratch. The auction includes a Well Tempered table, Audio Research PH1 phono stage and 4000+ LPs. One lot, winner picks it up. It never would have occurred to me that someone would try to sell something that way...... unless there's a divorce, death or some other malady behind it?

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/auc.pl?anlgtabl&1269314583&auc&3&4&
 
Register to hide this ad
Kind of hard to believe they are letting all those LPs go too with such a low reserve.. Gotta wonder since the person has 0 feedback.
 
All auctions and sales go into Dollars and Sense. I'm sure it will be moved soon.
I was figuring it as more of a "weird news" item than something for 'Dollars and Sense' as it isn't the value of any of it I'm interested in but rather the "social experiment" side. As a practical auction it's a bit macabre to my way of thinking, more than a hint of anger in the text to my ear.
 
The only way I'd bid on that is if it were local and I could do an inspection prior to bidding and then pick it up.
 
Back
Top Bottom