• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Realsitic Optimus 50 & 1000

Hendrix416

Nice Buzz/Good Tunes
So I've had my Realistic speakers for quite some time. My first pair was the Optimus 1000s I got for free from a friend back in 2000. Not knowing I could have refoamed the woofers, I replaced them with Radio Shack 15'' woofers. was blown away by the massive bass these guys produced. They outlived several receivers...those always went before my speakers did, but that's what happens when you use an Aiwa mini system. A few years back I got another free pair from my cousin; a set of Optimus 50s. This time, I refoamed the woofers. The new surrounds, however, are a little stiff. I had them out in the garage for a summer to see if they would soften up a bit as I was not getting much bass response. What's everyone's reputation of Realistic speakers, particularly these models? Is there anything I can do to improve the sound? More power?
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom