• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Reasonable Price for an Acoustic Research XA?

Isaac C.

Cat Hoarder
Hello everyone, I have recently begun looking into purchasing an Acoustic Research XA. I'm wondering what a reasonable price would be for one that works but needs some servicing. Additionally, I would be potentially interested in upgrading the tonearm, headshell, cartridge, and chassis suspension. Any estimates and or upgrade advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi Issac. Questions about values and fair prices need to be posted in the 'Dollars and Sense' forum.

A moderator will likely move your thread for you. Cheers.
 
Hello everyone, I have recently begun looking into purchasing an Acoustic Research XA. I'm wondering what a reasonable price would be for one that works but needs some servicing. Additionally, I would be potentially interested in upgrading the tonearm, headshell, cartridge, and chassis suspension. Any estimates and or upgrade advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Around $100 should get you there. Check ebay sold prices. You may find one locally for less if you are patient and wait. There are a ton of threads here and on the net about upgrading. Also a very helpful expert here who also works on them. Search and start reading.
 
Around $100 should get you there. Check ebay sold prices. You may find one locally for less if you are patient and wait. There are a ton of threads here and on the net about upgrading. Also a very helpful expert here who also works on them. Search and start reading.

Once they are serviced and in good working condition, how do they compare to other tables? I know other members in some threads I was looking at last night said it is a very good table, but if thats the case, it still amazes me how such a simple table could be that good.
 
Back
Top Bottom