• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Recapping Help with Harman Kardon 430 Twin Power

sdub44

New Member
Hey, I just recently got a Harman Kardon 430 Twin powered receiver. I am thinking about recapping it... Would you recommend this? If so, does anyone have any suggestions or a capacitor list for mouser/digikey part numbers? Thanks so much. I really appreciate all your help. I am loving the receiver so far.
 
Register to hide this ad
I had a chance at an HK 430 a while ago, guy on CL had the HK and a Sansui 2000x, I got the 2000x, wish now I had got both. As far as recapping, probably a good idea, at least at some point, as for myself, if it's behaving OK, I'd continue to enjoy it, I wouldn't drive it too hard though. Just my 2 cents.
 
So far it is sounding nice... My main reason for recapping is that some of the caps are budging a bit.
 
Back
Top Bottom