• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Received Yamaha NS-2000 tweeters

Nikko75

Listener and Music Lover
Actually I received one since Yamaha is trying to locate the second one I paid for which never made in the box sealed with Yamaha tape. Invoice says 2, box contains 1. *Update: second is on the way, narrowly avoided an inventory calamity.

This thing is heavy and the face is solid 8mm aluminum. Here is a size comparison with NS-2000 JA-0526 and the JA-0513. I cannot take it out of the plastic to show the face until I learn where the second one is.
0526vs0513yc6.jpg
0526vs05132xx1.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
The size took me off guard. I just hope they did have enough in stock, oddly they accepted my payment for two. Most likely a minor shipping error.
 
The NS-2000 tweeter is definitely different than the NS-1000. Many people think they are the same mids and tweeters and they are not. The midrange is closer to the NS-1000 but not the same. The dome itself is even thinner and more consistent in thickness.
 
Considering how good my NS-1000M's sound, I'd love to hear what the NS-2000's sound like! :thmbsp: :tresbon:
 
Last edited:
picture013.jpg

picture014f.jpg

picture015.jpg

Update...how can the picture that "I" took be in violation of the terms of service? They are my own pictures that I took with my own camera, and have been up here for 3 years, and now they decide that a picture of a speaker driver is in violation? The losers at imageshack must have their heads up their asses.
 
Last edited:
That Be purple-green is addictive... rare thing you have there man, some spare NS-2000 tweeters, that commands jealousy (and respect ofcourse) ;)

Please let us know how nicely these beauties sing, once installed...
 
They're prismatic and change to about 7 distinct colors depending on directional lighting.
 
Last edited:
They're prismatic and change to about 7 distinct colors depending on directional lighting.
I'm considering a redesign; I've been working on a series capacitorless crossover and an inductorless design as well for the NS-2000 mids and tweeters to help reduce component induced distortion. I have a few concerns and so I may stick with a parallel topology after all if I don't use a digital/electronic crossover. I have drafted two cabinet designs, each designed for time aligning the drivers and rounded sides to nullify diffraction ripple. I'd like to eventually remove the grills as they effect the acoustic decay (which is absolutely fantastic even so). I'm toying with different woofers on paper and PC and am waiting on a letter from Eton. I'd like to get a hold of some of Focal JM-Lab woofers too.
You're gonna mess with the crossover design of NS-2000's?

I'm rooting for you!

:thmbsp:
 
The NS-2000 tweeter is definitely different than the NS-1000. Many people think they are the same mids and tweeters and they are not. The midrange is closer to the NS-1000 but not the same. The dome itself is even thinner and more consistent in thickness.
So there's a reason other than better bass extension for the NS-2000 being a better speaker than the NS-1000. Those NS-2000 drivers are impressive. I wonder what the drivers are like in the NSX-10000?
 
I may use the original crossover topology, designers at Yamaha knew what they were doing. Its desirable to eliminate some components but I won't do it if that means eventually destroying a driver for the sake of lower distortion. The NS-2000 tweeters are probably the best tweeters I've ever heard, they are very different from other tweeters.
The NSX-10000 and GF-1 may always be a mystery in many ways, but we do know the GF-1 exists.
GF-1 Picture credits goes to:
http://www.hifido.co.jp/
http://www.k-i-t.jp/
 

Attachments

  • GF-1 1.JPG
    GF-1 1.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 74
  • GF-1 pic2.JPG
    GF-1 pic2.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 60
  • gf-1 pic3.JPG
    gf-1 pic3.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
NS-2000 Midrang ring

Hi - slightly different issue.

I get a ring out of one of my NS-2000 mid range units. It's probably always audible but I can only really detect it on dense piano passages. Any ideas as to how I can determine the cause/fix it.
 
Wow I am surprised that you were able to score these from Yamaha directly. With out failure every time I have asked them for a replacment driver for any of my spkrs , they reply that we dont support that model anymore and send me to E bay. Congrats.
 
Actually I received one since Yamaha is trying to locate the second one I paid for which never made in the box sealed with Yamaha tape. Invoice says 2, box contains 1. *Update: second is on the way, narrowly avoided an inventory calamity.

This thing is heavy and the face is solid 8mm aluminum. Here is a size comparison with NS-2000 JA-0526 and the JA-0513. I cannot take it out of the plastic to show the face until I learn where the second one is.
0526vs0513yc6.jpg
0526vs05132xx1.jpg
Dear Nikko75,
I have a pair of Yamaha FX-3 speakers (the 15-inch woofer version of the NS-1000 and NS-2000 range) -- but tragically, one of the tweeters has blown.
However, the FX-3s use the same tweeter as the NS-2000s, so I was thrilled to read that you'd managed to buy a new pair directly from Yamaha!
Could you possibly tell me who to contact at Yamaha, so I can hopefully pull off the same amazing feat?
I love these big FX-3s, and am dying to get them back in service again.
Thanks and best,
Robin
 
Actually I received one since Yamaha is trying to locate the second one I paid for which never made in the box sealed with Yamaha tape. Invoice says 2, box contains 1. *Update: second is on the way, narrowly avoided an inventory calamity.

This thing is heavy and the face is solid 8mm aluminum. Here is a size comparison with NS-2000 JA-0526 and the JA-0513. I cannot take it out of the plastic to show the face until I learn where the second one is.
0526vs0513yc6.jpg
0526vs05132xx1.jpg
Dear Nikko75,
I have a pair of Yamaha FX-3 speakers (the larger, 15-inch woofer version of the NS-1000 and NS-2000 range) -- but tragically, one of the tweeters has blown.
However, the FX-3s share the same tweeter as the NS-2000s, so I was thrilled to read that you'd managed to buy a new pair of them directly from Yamaha!
Could you possibly tell me who to contact at Yamaha, so I can hopefully pull off the same amazing feat as you?
I love these big FX-3s, and am dying to get them back in service again.
Thanks and best,
Robin
 
Hi,
Thanks a lot for your reply. I guess I'll just have to keep looking and hoping that a 2nd-hand pair turns up one day!
cheers,
Robin
 
Back
Top Bottom