• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Recent Experience With Pirate Ship?

mcdmgb

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Anyone had any recent experiences (since November 2025) with using Pirate Ship for UPS Ground Service that you would care to share? I haven't used them and I'm trying to determine if there's any "gotcha!" issues with using them for shipping.
 
Register to hide this ad
Used them 2 times (3 including USPS) in the last month and everything went as expected.

A friend shipped a lot of equipment for T.H.E. Show in Vegas and never mentioned any issues.
 
I've used them four times recently, once for international shipping. I've found them to be easy and affordable. They have an insurance add-on that is inexpensive, and from what I've heard, pays out immediately and fully (no shenanigans...) A buddy of mine buys and sells a lot of gear and swears by them.

They are now my go-to shipping provider...
 
Ive had two technical issues with the web site where I was unable to complete a transaction without assistance. The first was duplicating a shipment (I had two identical boxes shipping between identical shipper \ recipient ), the second was a very expensive shipment. I had to contact technical support via chat, no phone number to call. For the second shipment I had to wait until support hours started to contact them and purchase the shipment.

Once in contact via chat each issue was resolved in a matter of minutes. I'll continue to use them.
 
I've used them quite a bit. Several shipments via UPS. Good price, easy transactions. Had to use insurance twice, paid without a fight each time.
 
I use them quite a bit . They have always saved me money on Shipping and the Website is very easy to navigate for me.
 
Don’t waste your money on insurance, they won’t pay out UPS insurance unless you have all brand new packaging. Probably other hoops to jump through as well.
 
Yes. But I only used USPS. Keep in mind Pirate Ship is a subscription service (there is a fee per transaction built into the price you pay).
 
Last edited:
I use them quite frequently. Never had an issue. I've found for larger package, such as receivers, the cost is less than even ebay shipping
 
Pirateship is a GODSEND! I can save 40% on UPS Ground. It's super easy to use and I've never had any issues with close to 100 items shipped (a few dozens pieces of audio gear, but the rest is items from my other hobby, plastic airplane models).

And this thing is, if your buyers KNOW you're using Pirateship and are saving them $$$, you can ask for a bit more on your selling price. It's a win/win all around with NO downsides that I've ever experienced.
 
I've used PirateShip for the last 7 years, and has been a great experience, trustworthy, and very smooth to use. I was very hesitant due to its name, as I didn't trust a company that called themselves a pirate : ) but can only praise them, and the price discount is solid! I think I've shipped around 600+ items using PirateShip.

I also get timely emails from pirate ship warning me when USPS is going to raise their prices (sadly that happens too often). They've saved me lots of money. And, I never have to go to the post office anymore, I just print the labels. Then my USPS mailman (who is awesome), picks up my packages at my location, and immediately scans the labels, uploading them to their system to track. This really helps your package move quickly through the system.

One very useful function, saving time, and typo's is the copy & pasting function when shipping using the exact info given to you when creating a shipping label. Also click the price, before pressing purchase to see all the different pricing & service options for shipping that package. I like the option to choose size (%) of shipping label depending if its going to be on a small envelope, or a large box. Also allows me to immediately see tracking number and link to track, which I send to recipient.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom