• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Recommend me Focal speakers

34dean

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
In my quest for new speakers, I’ve been told by a number of members to check out Focals. I’m looking for stand sitters at $1,200 or less to match up with my Apt Holman preamp and Adcom GFA545 poet amp.

Looking for suggestions. Thank you!
 
Register to hide this ad
My Cobalt 816S and my Adcom 555 sound great together! I'm sure Cobalt's would pair just as well with your 545 but they are tower speakers and I see you are looking for bookshelf speakers.
 
Last edited:
The 906 is a little over your budget, but I'm powering my 936's with a lot less power than you are and they sound phenomenal. I would recommend any of the flax cone speakers Focal makes. It's a big improvement over Polyglass. It might be worth checking out the Chora 806. I haven't heard them, but that carbon fiber slatecone is supposed to be pretty nice, and they'd be well within your budget.
 
I've always considered the 905 the answer to a question nobody ever asked. "Can I get a slightly smaller speaker with much worse bass response for slightly less money?", said nobody ever.
 
I've always considered the 905 the answer to a question nobody ever asked. "Can I get a slightly smaller speaker with much worse bass response for slightly less money?", said nobody ever.
Yep not the greatest bass but with double subs not too shabby. Hmmmm. Running them without right now but the stimulus check gives me ideas. Tomorrow will move the dual SVS subs up to the Focals like I use to have it and let the Cenya's run alone.
 
To be honest, don't know. After I got the Focals had enough in my audio war chest to get double subs so I did. Never used em with a single sub. But really like the sound of the flax cone on the driver.
 
well timing isn’t great. They just did a big price increase.. I do recommend their sound and dynamics. Keep looking!
 
Back
Top Bottom