• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Recommend me some powerful emotional songs

"One Tin Soldier" Interesting song. Theme from "Billy Jack", 1971 movie, 2 versions, one by a group, "Original Caste", the other by "Coven". Both, in Chattanooga, were popular basically at the same time. Personally, I liked the "Original Caste" version a tad better. But both were good, & I'll not turn EITHER off nowadays... Gawd, was that REALLY nigh on to 50 yrs ago, now ?!?
 
"Abraham, Martin, & John", Dion, 1968. Anybody who DON'T start cryin' during THIS may as well be DEAD... OTOH, the denizens of the "AWESOME !" generation likely WON'T have an effin' CLUE, as they don't about SO many things..
 
Out of these you recommended, I don't like most of them, they are missing the key synth violins, this characteristic is typical mostly with newer songs, but at least you got one. Creed - higher is the one I like. Sting - fields of gold was close. But thanks anyway.
I'll suggest one that's more or less in line with your original request , Your Wildest Dreams -- The Moody Blues, because despite the cheesy synthesizers it's a very evocative song and then I'll suggest some random ones because it sounds like you might benefit from a little horizon expansion. Music can evoke emotion without use of fake strings, you know.

Loan Me a Dime -- Boz Scaggs/Duane Allman

Goodbye Porkpie Hat -- Charles Mingus

Bag Lady -- Todd Rundgren

Beck's Bolero -- Jeff Beck

Open Letter to a Landlord -- Living Colour

Knocking on Heaven's Door -- Bob Dylan

Struggle of the Turtle to the Sea --' Jean-Luc Ponty

On Saturday Afternoons in 1963 -- Rickie Lee Jones

Good Day Sunshine -- The Beatles

Superwoman/Where Were You When I Needed You -- Stevie Wonder

Theme From Cold Turkey -- Ben Folds/Alicia Witt

Ripple -- The Grateful Dead

I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry -- Hank Williams

Some sad, some happy, some "other" but they all pull at your heartstrings in one way or another. Well, mine anyway. If you need more, I can do this all night long.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom