• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Recommend tape for Revox B77 2 track

Onebean

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I picked up a Revox B77 and I am looking for recommendations for tape brands/models that work good with it. You guys made some excellent recommendations for my Pioneer RT-707, and now I'm hoping you can guide me on the correct tape for my B77. Thanks.

Onebean
 
Register to hide this ad
Obviously

Will new tape work the same as old Maxell???
Maybe not. Some of the new tape is better. Some might be more than your machine can handle, limited bias.

but for the BEST results, select one of the best new tapes that your machine can be adjusted to use and get the machine adjusted to that tape. It will not get better than that no matter what you use.
 
So if I stick to old tape I can use it as is, but if I adjust the bias I can run new tape? How difficult is it to adjust the bias for new tape?
 
Since the 707 has settings for different record bias and EQ its pretty flexible. The manual has a chart of what to use for older tapes. My 707 sounds great using modern RTM LPR-35.
 
Back
Top Bottom