• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Record albums at Urban Outfitters

HamDog

AudioGuy
I was just walking by Urban Outfitters yesterday in W. Los Angeles (Westwood) and noticed a big rack of new records displayed in the store. I've always know Urban Outfitters mainly as a clothing store. Was pleasantly surprised to see a great selection of new records. And their in-store prices were lower than Amazon (e.g. Beatles Abbey Road was $25 while $39 on Amazon).

They also had great record holder displays (for framing), along with lots of cheap turntables (mostly USB types) which had a vintage look.

I spent about $200 on the records and display frames (I got The Doors, Hendrix, Beatles, CCR). Heck, I don't even have a turntable anymore (I digitized my collection), but these would make great art!
 
Register to hide this ad
I believe that the only reason it's $39 on Amazon is because they themselves are out of stock. That's the price from a licensed distributor who sells through Amazon. Usually, Amazon's prices are much more competitive (which you can see from their pricing on other Beatles albums). That being said, it's good to know there are companies putting vinyl on shelves, and Urban Outfitters often does limited reissues of albums that don't get out elsewhere. However, I often find them to be overpriced. More than anything, i wish they stocked better turntables than Jensens and Crosleys. But, like I said, nice to be putting vinyl out there.
 
My local shops' prices are usually a good bit cheaper than UO and I like supporting my local vinyl stores...but hey, if it gets some kid into vinyl more power to them.
 
Might want to research the chain's integrity. Pretty compelling evidence that they have stolen many designs and sell knock-offs of small-time artists works. Not someone I want to patronize.
 
Back
Top Bottom