• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Record clamps

pycckbi05

New Member
I've discovered the Yamaha PF-800 originally had a record clamp but my second hand unit does not. There are lot's of clamps available but no Yamahas. Can anyone tell me the weight of the Yamaha original since those listed seem to vary a lot?
Pricing is interesting on those listed too - from $30 - $400 ! Seems a lot for a lump of brass
 
Register to hide this ad
I can't tell you the stock weight of the yamaha clamp but I do know Larry from TTWeights has two old 70's high end yamaha TT's and makes beautiful affordable clamps for them. He might have pics of them up on his site now.
 
I have a PF800 and I use a Mitchel clamp. It works fine and is almost weightless. I should add that I rarely use it and cannot tell any difference in sound at all.

Congrats on the PF800! one of the most underated tables around. Enjoy it.

marc mc
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom