• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Record shops in Boston?

longgone

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi... are there any used record shops in and around Boston.

I will be in Boston (Back Bay) in April and hope to visit some record shops. Blues are good for me, along with everything else.

I will also pass through Framingham, Natick, and on in to Boston.

Thank you.
 
Register to hide this ad
Don't miss Deja Vu Records in Natick. Chock full of odd pickins' for a fair price. Newbury Comics in downtown Boston (and there is the original store near Harvard in Cambridge) has tons of new vinyl...and pretty fine mark-downs on new vinyl. Plenty of other AK'ers should chime in here. Boston has got to be one of the best vinyl zones in the USA!
 
Ditto on Deja Vu in Natick though it has odd hours - call before you go!Tell Elaini you are an AK'er. In Your Ear on Comm Ave. in Boston has the largest selection of vinyl - it's next to the Paradise rock club - to the right of the club when you're facing it and down a flight of stairs into the cellar - I believe a coffee shop is above it. If you go to In Your Ear be sure to check the shelves under the bins as well as the bins.
 
Great! Thanks.

I was in Deja Vu last year. Elaini(?-spelling) is so very nice. I will certainly go back to Deja Vu and mention Audio Karma. She likes the Audio Karma gang, doesn't she?!

Newbury Comics is a stop.

In Your Ear sounds good! heh heh. I think I will stop there, too.

Any Blues joints to check out?

Thanks.
 
In Your Ear is still open? Holy smokes...gotta check that out. There is also Weirdo Records on Mass Ave. Possibly the smallest record store in the USA...but it is truly packed with treasures.
 
Don't miss Deja Vu Records in Natick. Chock full of odd pickins' for a fair price. Newbury Comics in downtown Boston (and there is the original store near Harvard in Cambridge) has tons of new vinyl...and pretty fine mark-downs on new vinyl. Plenty of other AK'ers should chime in here. Boston has got to be one of the best vinyl zones in the USA!

FWIW the original Newbury Comics is the one on Newbury St in the Back Bay.
 
Don't miss Stereo Jack's on Mass Ave in Cambridge. I haven't been there in a long time but Cheapo's is on the same street and probably worth the stop. There's a good shop nearby Berklee, but I can't remember the name.
 
another boston offering

If you find yourself in the Jamaica Plain neighborhood there is Tres Gatos- a Tapas Restaurant, bar, bookstore and record shop. They have a small(ish) but well curated selection of new and used vinyl- and the staff there is great- and you can get a beer afterwards.

Jamaica Plain also has Skippy White's- I have not visited there yet but hear good things.

Enjoy your trip!

Matt
 
Thanks Static and Sandbar, it was Looney Tunes. Moved to Allston, I'll have to try and drop in next time I am in the area, I always found stuff there.
 
Super! Thank you guys for the BIG help. I'm going to try to catch as many of these record shops as possible. Sometimes time just flies when ya get lookin' around old records. I am plotting a record shop course now.
 
I gotta second Weirdo Records in Cambridge. It's a very cool shop, I've never seen anything else like it. It truly lives up to its name, with nothing mainstream and everything you never heard of but definitely want. Totally worth the trip. Take the #1 bus up Mass Ave or walk from Back Bay (about 25 minutes).
 
Back
Top Bottom