• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Record Store Day Black Friday

Register to hide this ad
Yep. I grabbed the Metallica "Live at Grimey's" and The Gaslight Anthem "Tumblin Dice" single. It's on a really cool marbled vinyl. Unfortunately the shop I visited did not have the Petty and Soundgarden releases. I do wish, though, I had grabbed the Sinatra Christmas album. I think I may have an original from my parents, but it's probably beat to hell. Which reminds me, I need to get out the Christmas albums are start cleaning.
 
Yesterday, I was first in the door when the local indie store opened, and got the Frank Sinatra Christmas reissue LP, the Iron & Wine 12" single, and the Drive By Truckers 10" single. Today I went back, and they had received a late shipment of RSD releases. So I got the mono reissue of the Doors first LP, and they threw in a Bob Dylan Christmas 7" single.

The U2 "Wide Awake in Europe" EP seems the be the item that is being chased after the most and reselling for top dollar online. My local store didn't get any.
 
Nice grab Strat. Got the same LP and plan on playing it sometime on Christmas Day, as I always do. Nothing like a little Jimi on a festive day.
 
The local store was understocked, Pantera, Black Crowes, Metallica and Doors they only had 1 each of those, I was the only one after them at 4am so I picked them up without notice.

rsd0.jpg
 
Last edited:
seems like you folks did well

I am so excited for my copy of The Black Keys Brothers 45 RPM coming in tomorrow

I shall post pics of the packaging and all that
 
Back
Top Bottom