• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Rectilinear XI- More than one model?

Arthur Smith

Super Member
I picked up my second pair of Rectilinear XI's at the local thrift shop. Between the first pair I got a few years ago, and this pair, now have two cabinets with working tweeters to make a usable set, which sounds great.

I have seen online references to XI A's and XI B's. Yet have never seen speakers marked this way. What are the differences in these models?

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Hello Arthur Smith......I found a pair of Rectilinear Model #XIa yes "a" speakers with one in the original box it was sold in!!!! I was helping out a dear retired lady whose sister had passed away last November. I asked to take them with me and she let me. I hooked them up to a Kenwood KA-728 integrated amp playing a CD of 80's hits and they performed just as well as the pair of JBL LX500 which had its woofers surrounds refoamed. The walnut veneers on all four sides are spotless and zero dings nor scratches.
Check out this link from Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectilinear_Research_Corporation
 
Back
Top Bottom