• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Reel to Reel Recording Tape

simoncs

New Member
Hello,
Does anyone know who produces new reel to reel recording tape today (2021). I use a Revox B77 tape recorder and I need to know where I can obtain tape that does not suffer “Sticky Shed” syndrome etc. I recently purchased some “New” Ampex 407 tape and it made a complete mess of my B77, same with Scotch 207.
Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Kind regards, simoncs
 
Register to hide this ad
Hello,
Does anyone know who produces new reel to reel recording tape today (2021). I use a Revox B77 tape recorder and I need to know where I can obtain tape that does not suffer “Sticky Shed” syndrome etc. I recently purchased some “New” Ampex 407 tape and it made a complete mess of my B77, same with Scotch 207.
Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Kind regards, simoncs

read up and research - THAT should not have happened in this info rich world! THIS is a great resource: https://www.richardhess.com/tape/
 
Recommended tape for your ReVox B 77 which is brand new, current production. And reliable. Recording The Masters SM 911, LPR-35, 468. ATR Magnetics also makes excellent new tape which is reliable and fantastic quality. Enjoy!!
 
I recently received a brand new Scotch 3M magnetic tape manufacturer part number 871-1-3600 R41 . It looks to be about 1 inch thick. Can anybody tell me what this is? I'm kind of familiar with playing real to real tapes on my machine but I have no idea what this would be used for. Obviously recording but I want to get more details so I can sell it. Thank you so much
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20220320_220737__01.jpg
    IMG_20220320_220737__01.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220320_220740__01.jpg
    IMG_20220320_220740__01.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20220320_220745__01.jpg
    IMG_20220320_220745__01.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220320_220750__01.jpg
    IMG_20220320_220750__01.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 9
3M have not made “new” tape for more than 25 years. What you have is video tape and was used on professional video tape recorders in the late ‘60’s and early ‘70’s.
 
Back
Top Bottom