• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Reel-to-Reel

Workingslug

Active Member
I agree on the Maxell Tapes, they seem to be the best in my opinion. TDK is also right there with the Maxell when you can find them. My oldest is a TEAC V-3340, then a TEAC X-10R, (3) of the TEAC X-1000R's, (2) of the TEAC X2000R's, (3) of the Akai GX-747's, 1 Akai GX-747 DBX, (3) of the Revox B77's, 1 Tanberg 20A and 1 Fostex but forgot the model number. I use them quite frequently as I still dump my record albums to tape such that I play the tape over and over and leave the album alone. To me, they are just wonderful machines to work with. Good to see that others also still enjoy this format.
John
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom