• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Refurbishing a Dual 1218

RRLegend

Active Member
I have a Dual 1218 that I want to disassemble, clean, and regrease. I was wondering if someone who has done this before could give me some pointers. It has a ton of dried up grease but otherwise functions when the parts are moved by hand. Is there a prefered place to start taking it apart?

Also, which is considered a better turntable, the 1218 or the 1019? Thanks!!
 
Register to hide this ad
The 1019 was T.O.T.L. until 1970ish, and quite wonderful a machine. The 1218 was of the next generation, one down from the top, and a piece of [you-know-what] in comparison. Apologies for personal bias.
 
Back
Top Bottom