• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rega Apollo v Marantz CD17

Ben Yates

New Member
So, was curious about these two cd players.

Is one much better than the other?

Are the prices good or reasonable or too high? Rega Apollo is 250€, Marantz CD17 is 240€. (1€ = approx 0.9 $)

Should i just get something new for about the same price ?
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a Rega Planet 2000, chosen because I liked how it sounded, In my situation the biggest drawback is top loading. There is a "void" in my system stand to allow for that. Would have preferred the option of putting another component on top or below it.
 
Planet 2000 here. I like it but have no experience with the Marantz.

I recently changed the laser in the Rega and there's a thread about it somewhere.
 
I have an original Apollo and an Apollo-R, both bought preowned. The Apollo quit reading discs a few years down the road, and the Apollo-R plays but has had issues from day one (randomly skipping the first track or two at start up).

That said, I love the sound that comes from them and am considering buying the new Apollo, with a three year warranty.
I'll have to look into the thread that @Montycat mentioned and see if I can save some money.
 
I have an original Apollo and an Apollo-R, both bought preowned. The Apollo quit reading discs a few years down the road, and the Apollo-R plays but has had issues from day one (randomly skipping the first track or two at start up).

That said, I love the sound that comes from them and am considering buying the new Apollo, with a three year warranty.
I'll have to look into the thread that @Montycat mentioned and see if I can save some money.

Here you go: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/rega-planet-2000-laser-replacement.869782/
 
Back
Top Bottom