• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rega p7 vs Clearaudio performance

flaskebent

New Member
I have for a long time wanted a new turntable and have put my eye on a Rega P7 and a Clearaudio performance. Reading on the internet i have got the impression the Rega turntables does not play many details is that correct? I am aware about that the lack of VTA adjustment on the Rega turntables but this I don't care about. I can always just ad shimsplates under the tonearm.

The Clearaudio come with the CMB bearing and the satisfy cabon tonearm

Which of the turntables is the best?
 
Register to hide this ad
I've never heard either 'table, but based on my personal preferences in design and cosmetics, I lead towards the Clearaudio.
 
I think at that level, the notion of "best" has little meaning (actually, with just two turntables, it would be "better" rather than "best"!). I think it's more a question of which one meets your personal tastes and preferences. Perhaps if you list some of them, folks familiar with the tables could be of more help. Not me—I haven't heard either!
-Bob
 
Rega and Clearaudio are two polar opposite presentations, Rega is British pacy, the Clearaudio is more analytical. If you get a chance to listen to both, it will be easy to decide which you prefer.
 
Last edited:
Rega and Clearaudio are two polar opposite presentations, Rega is British pacy, the Clearaudio is more analytical. If you get a chance to listen to both, it will be easy to decide which you prefer.

What do you mean with Clearaudio is more analytical?
 
I think at that level, the notion of "best" has little meaning (actually, with just two turntables, it would be "better" rather than "best"!). I think it's more a question of which one meets your personal tastes and preferences. Perhaps if you list some of them, folks familiar with the tables could be of more help. Not me—I haven't heard either!
-Bob


Okay let me refrase my question which one is best of these two turntables?

With other words is there something these manufactors is better at. Acording to the internet I get the impression that the Rega tonearms are quit superior to other at this price level. I also have read a lot positive things about Clearaudios CMB bearings.
 
You be the judge after lsitening to both. I bet you will go with the PRaT of the Rega. Even though Rega lacks VTA it can be overcome easily. If you have a copy of Dire Straits BIA (Stan Ricker half speed) use that as your test LP. I looked long and hard 4 years ago getting back into vinyl. I started with Rega and stayed with Rega from the P5 up to my now P9.
 
Back
Top Bottom