• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rega Planar 2 missing counterweight

Riles

New Member
My teenage son was just given an old Rega Planar 2 turntable and I'm trying to help him get it up and running. It has the original R200 tonearm but it's missing the counterweight. A quick search on the internet and eBay doesn't turn up anyone who sells this counterweight. How can I find a used or new counterweight to fit this tonearm?

Thanks for the advice.
 
Register to hide this ad
It´s an arm manufactured by Acos Lustre, I believe it was the gST-1

Acos made arms for many differnt TT manufacturers. With patience you may find a replacement. Check the diametre of the shaft or rear-end stub where the counterweight runs. That´s the essential specification you need when looking for a replacement.

Check out this link: http://www.vinylengine.com/library/acos/lustre-gst-1.shtml
 
Thanks. Is he stuck with trying to track down only a used Rega R200 (or Acos)counterweight, or are there other counterweights out there that will work on this tonearm?
 
Before spending money on a new counterweight see if the antiskate still works
on that arm .
A small "belt" used in it is prone to break.
Hope this helps ,regards F.
 
I work with a Rega dealer and as far as I know there are no parts for the old R200 arm anymore...
 
Back
Top Bottom