timoto
New Member
Greetings to all, and thank you for allowing me to join your forum!
Returnee/newbie to turntables from the 70's and 80's. I'm taking the plunge. Looking at a Rega Planar25 with only a table, motor (two of them in fact) and belt (two of these as well) for $240. How good an idea to build it from there little by little with RB303 or similar and appropriate cart, versus a ready-to-go VPI HW19JR with Grado Plat cart and Audioquest PT6 arm for $595?
I'm fairly handy, so the assembly of the Rega products is not a threat. Budget is flexible up to $1,000 or so.
Feedback/thoughts/suggestions welcome!
Returnee/newbie to turntables from the 70's and 80's. I'm taking the plunge. Looking at a Rega Planar25 with only a table, motor (two of them in fact) and belt (two of these as well) for $240. How good an idea to build it from there little by little with RB303 or similar and appropriate cart, versus a ready-to-go VPI HW19JR with Grado Plat cart and Audioquest PT6 arm for $595?
I'm fairly handy, so the assembly of the Rega products is not a threat. Budget is flexible up to $1,000 or so.
Feedback/thoughts/suggestions welcome!