• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rek-O-Kut 45 adapter in platter is stuck - any idea how to unseize?

beatcomber

AK Member
The spring-loaded 45 adapter that's built into the platter on my Rek-O-Kut Rondine Jr. L-34 is seized up, probably due to rust.

I managed to get it freed up enough to rotate it on the spindle, but it will not pop up. I've flooded it with penetrating oil and tried inserting a small hook into the tiny opening to lift it up, but it won't budge.

Any ideas?

 
Register to hide this ad
I have let p oil sit and repeat oiling for 2 weeks at a time. One trick is to LIGHTLY tap it a number of times after oiling so it(the oil) can creep in better. I have used dry ice and heat on things I needed apart also.
 
Back
Top Bottom