• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rek-O-Kut N-33H

radioterry

Active Member
I picked up a very good condition N-33H this weekend. While it is working well, I plan on going through it. I've downloaded the manual for it from the AKDatabase. The arm on mine is the Rek-O-Kut Micropoise.

This is my first Rek-O-Kut. It is built like a tank! Are there any things that I should look for/do on either the TT or arm as part of the restoration? What cartridge came stock with these?

TIA,

Terry
 
Register to hide this ad
Nice find....not sure about the cartridge....give us a picture!

Yes, I was more than happy to pay the $42 asking price. The cartridge is a Shure M70EJ mounted in the Rek-O-Kut Micropoise headshell.

Once "Sandy" passes by my area, late tomorrow, I will take some pictures. Right now it is too overcast, with the threat of losing power, to stop and take them.

BR,

Terry
 
Given the vintage, a Shure M-44 or Stanton 500 would be period-equivalent carts without going with a vintage M-7D or M-3D F.I., with greater versatility with stylus options.
 
No cartridge came stock with them. You chose one separately. Kent T's rule is if it was in common radio station use, it is ROK Micropoise friendly or low compliance moving coils. This series of tonearm was manufactured up to 1992. Post 1963, the Rek-O-Kut line was mainly marketed towards broadcast applications, Koss bought ROK and kept them until 1968, when CCA purchased them, Broadcast Electronics was ROK's last owner.
 
Back
Top Bottom