• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Reliable site to buy AKG k240?

MichaelNguy

New Member
I'm currently looking to buy the AKG k240 headphones. Does anyone know a reliable site where I can buy the AKGs for a low price?

I searched amazon, and AudioXtreme is selling them new for $80. Is there a lower price, or is this generally how much the AKGs go for? Just making sure before I pull the trigger for these.

Also, what do you think about the quality of the AKG k240? Am I getting the best headphones for the price?

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I'm currently looking to buy the AKG k240 headphones. Does anyone know a reliable site where I can buy the AKGs for a low price?

I searched amazon, and AudioXtreme is selling them new for $80. Is there a lower price, or is this generally how much the AKGs go for? Just making sure before I pull the trigger for these.

Also, what do you think about the quality of the AKG k240? Am I getting the best headphones for the price?

Thanks!

I paid $61 last January for AKG 240's ... great buy at that price. That's about the most I would pay for them personally.

Amazon is usually the lowest or on par w/ price of competitors.

The cans sounded good ... build quality was what you expect for that price range ... I ended up buying another pair of cans in December ... Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro $152. More comfortable, better build quality and sound better than AKG 240. More expensive as well which is what you would expect.

In hind-site ... I would have bought something farther up the AKG line ... AKG Q 701 Quincy Jones Signature Reference or AKG 702.

I like Tyll Hertsens opinions at Inner Fidelity. He has a lot of video's on YouTube. That's a good place to do some research. Cheers & good luck.

Tyll Hertsens Blog at Innerfidelity.com
http://www.innerfidelity.com/category/tyll-hertsens-blog

Edit: Last year I also bought the Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone for $50 ... nice cans for the money. I use them for travel with my Ipod. You could still pick up a pair at Amazon for $60 (free S&H).

Tyll YouTube review of these cans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nEQTIMtGW0
 
Last edited:
I got mine b-stock for $65. Not online though. We have a local chain of b-stock resellers called From The Warehouse.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom