• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Removing Tubes Before Shipping?

tryan225

New Member
Is this wise/necessary? I'm shipping a fisher 80az and then a fisher 80c and 80r to Toronto and Hong Kong, respectively. If I were to remove the tubes, should I put them in a separate box or just pack them safely in the same box? Thanks for any help, I'm somewhat overwhelmed by this process.
 
Register to hide this ad
When I ship a tube piece, the tubes get pulled, and slipped into some new white athletic socks. Drop one in, tie off the sock, with a piece of string, and repeat, until the tubes look like a chain of white cotton sausages. Take this, or these, and bundle them up, wrap in bubble, and put them in the box with the piece.

Be careful, too, about the transformers. If you can secure them from motion, in transit, you would do well to do so.
 
Back
Top Bottom