• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Repair Technician near Western NC?

H2operator

New Member
Anyone have any recommendations for a repair tech near western North Carolina? The shop in Northern Va that I’ve used in the past isn’t accepting shipped items. So I’m looking for someone that will accept shipped items or someone closer( 150 miles +-).
Thanks for any help Lance, Bryson City NC
 
Register to hide this ad
Anyone have any recommendations for a repair tech near western North Carolina? The shop in Northern Va that I’ve used in the past isn’t accepting shipped items. So I’m looking for someone that will accept shipped items or someone closer( 150 miles +-).
Thanks for any help Lance, Bryson City NC

What unit are you looking to have repaired and what symptom(s) does it have? Knowing that would help you get better recommendations.
 
Hey, it’s a Kenwood KA-5002 integrated amp.
The issue is that the left channel is outputting less sound and is not responding to null balance adjustments.
The history of the amp is that I bought it as essentially new old stock about ten years ago. It was in never used condition in tbe original box. After a year or so both channels went dead. I sent it to Bill Thalman’s shop (Music Technology) and they recapped it. There may have been another issue but I don’t recall. It’s in excellent condition and too nice not to repair. Thanks! Lance
 
Hey, it’s a Kenwood KA-5002 integrated amp.
The issue is that the left channel is outputting less sound and is not responding to null balance adjustments.
The history of the amp is that I bought it as essentially new old stock about ten years ago. It was in never used condition in tbe original box. After a year or so both channels went dead. I sent it to Bill Thalman’s shop (Music Technology) and they recapped it. There may have been another issue but I don’t recall. It’s in excellent condition and too nice not to repair. Thanks! Lance

If you're willing to ship it reach out to @Aud10file via DM or give him a call, he's located in New Jersey.

 
Last edited:
It looks like there are a couple of places in the Atlanta area that might be able to help, as well.
 
Back
Top Bottom