• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Replace receiver dial glass.

homebrew

Super Member
Finally, after many weeks of searching I've located a replacement faceplate with dial glass for my Marantz 2240B receiver. I only need the dial glass as the faceplate is for a 2240 and it's not in that great of shape anyway. Has anyone performed this operation? How do you safely remove the dial glass from the faceplate? How about a recommended adhesive for re-attaching it to the new faceplate?
 
Register to hide this ad
It's easiest to remove the 'glass' from the face plate while it's still in it's surrounding black plastic frame and then install the whole assembly in your face plate with new double sided clear tape. If you must use your black plastic frame and the new 'glass', use a razor knife to score the glued edge from the inside and then carefully remove the 'glass' from the frame. Marantz used some kind of rubber cement to attach the 'glass' to the frame, but I use clear drying acrylic cement. Be sure to try the glue first to make sure it doesn't craze or fog the 'glass'.

Tom
 
Thank you Tom. I'm going to remove the entire assembly and I thought the razor knife would be the best way too but I needed confirmation from someone who might have done it first. Since it took so long to find the replacement bezel assembly, I don't want to screw it up.
 
Back
Top Bottom