• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Replacement Turntable Feet | MNPCTech...thoughts?

Globalksp

New Member
I have a Sansui SR-535 turntable with 1 foot.

Curious if anyone has tried these aftermarket replacement feet: https://www.mnpctech.com/products/sansui-sr-636-sr-929-custom-replacement-turntable-isolation-feet

Backstory: I decided, like everyone else my age at the time that I wanted to have a turntable again so I started doing my homework and shopping around. As luck would have it, in my little Virginia farm town, someone was selling a complete Sansui system. For $400 I picked up the SR-535 (with a Pickering XSV-3000 cart), a mint QRX-6500, and a pair of SP-150's, also in mint condition. Bought these from a 20-something woman who received the setup as a Christmas gift from her dad a year or two ago. Can't imagine what dad said/felt when he learned how for little it was let go. The woman clearly didn't know what she had and I imagine that's how 3 of the feet went missing. I'm currently hobbling along with 3 feet that I scavenged from a Pioneer PL-518 that was in rough shape.
 
Register to hide this ad
Several others here have purchased these previously and were very happy with them. Was an rhread a few months back on it. I have a 929 that needs them as well, just haven't made it a priority yet to order them and get them installed. You can request they anodize them black at additional charge, if you don't care for the silver look.
 
Thanks for this. Looked for threads, but nothing came up. I've had a search alert on eBay for a while now for the OEM parts, but they rarely come available. Since I cleaned out the QRX today, I'm on a binge to get everything else up to snuff and the feet are a logical next step along with replacement styli.
 
I have the black on my SR929 and silver on the SR838 fit perfect no problems and look great also.

Thanks for chiming in!

Have been debating repairing vs replacing my SR-535 altogether and these feet are factoring into the cost of repair. But leaning toward repair at this point since finding something better than the 535 at a price equal to repairs + sale price is proving tricky in LA (and I’m impatient).
 
The last Sr 838 pictured on that thread is mine, those feet are not given but the final result is excellent!
The feet in the photos are or aren’t the MPNTech feet? Sorry, couldn’t tell from your description. Either way, whatever they are look good!
 
PL-518 feet are in demand because many have collapsed over time. If they’re in good condition it shouldn’t be too hard to find a happy buyer (but don’t sell here, see the rules), helping offset the cost of the new ones.
 
Last edited:
I wonder , how do you level sr 838 with these ?
Not that you could do it with the stock ones.
At least 929 had adjustable feet so it could be leveled pretty easily.
I know , mine can be since I use the SL 1200,s ones. They are fully adjustable , like the originals.
 
The only way to level the 838 ones would be with washers (I have these), The 929 feet can be leveled with the threaded bolts (I don't have these yet). See the 929 one's below:

Mnpctech-SANSUI-SR-636_SR-929-Custom_Replacement-_Turntable-_Isolation-Feet_1024x1024.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom