• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Replacing RCA Cords on Technics SL-D2

HeggSandwich

New Member
I recently bought a used Technics SL-D2 and need to replace the RCA cords. They will be connecting to a Sanyo JCX 2100KR. Do I need to get the same connectors (photo attached) or can I get different ones? I am having trouble locating similar versions at my local RadioShack. Thanks guys. :rockon:



[System: Technics SL-D2, Sanyo JCX 2100KR, Boston Acoustics A40s]
 

Attachments

  • cords.jpg
    cords.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 53
Register to hide this ad
Just make sure whatever RCA cables you use are low capacitance. I used Audioquest Evergreens on mine, but AV cables are generally good too. Be sure to keep the length at less than six feet.
 
Just make sure whatever RCA cables you use are low capacitance. I used Audioquest Evergreens on mine, but AV cables are generally good too. Be sure to keep the length at less than six feet.

i'm kind of a noob to the tt thing. i guess i'm asking if you know the name for the type of cable connector i am dealing with. they look different than what i am used to with more modern equipment.
 
RCA connectors is the general term. What Celt suggests is to use cables designed for component VIDEO rather than audio. Usually sold as red, blue and green as a combination of 3 wires with 6 rca connectors total on them. These are better than audio (red & white, or red & black in your case) because the total capacitance is lower and they're often better shielded too.
Just remove one of the 3 wires and you're all set.
 
Back
Top Bottom