• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Restored Marantz 140 - is something wrong here?

Register to hide this ad
I saw this as I've been in the market for a 140. Two things drove me away:

1. I ran across some posts that called irebuildmarantz's reputation into question

2. The 1060 is an integrated amp - It seemed fishy to me that someone would say they had "restored" an integrated amp but that its only working functionality was as a preamp. At least that's how I interpreted the ad.

I'd be interested to see why others passed.
 
Where's the restored stuff? All I see in the photos is a bunch of scratched up junk. Do people not understand what "restored" means?
 
$400 bid already! No photos of re-cap although the units are claimed to be. Agreed, the fish are jumping into the net on this one.
 
All that seller seems to carry is items from IRMBob.

Maybe that's why Bob can't get his customers' gear finished in less than a year. :scratch2:
 
One not so great picture and a crappy description, I'm surprised he got $400. Also, as others have pointed out (and I've learned the hard way on a few pieces of gear) cosmetics count for quite a bit when it comes to price. Excellent cosmetics with no electrical restoration is much more valuable to most people than fair cosmetics with a full electrical restoration.
 
...

Excellent cosmetics with no electrical restoration is much more valuable to most people than fair cosmetics with a full electrical restoration.

That's my observation too, especially on McIntosh gear...
 
Free shipping, "Satisfaction Guaranteed" 100% Feedback all positives. Then no condition listed in description along with a no refund or exchange but covered by eBay Buyer Protection?

Might be a good deal if willing to take a chance. Going with how e-bay sides with buyers it might be OK.

BTW was the pictures taken in a music store?



Barney
 
Back
Top Bottom