• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

? Restoring Fisher Futura V Missing 690T?

csl1952

New Member
Hey folks,
10 plus years ago I came across a Fisher Futura V model console, with a turntable and the 690A and speakers still connected but missing the tuner/preamp unit at an estate sale. I had to take it as part of a lot with some other Fisher units I was interested in. Storage space was a problem so I gave it to a neice for her use as storage and as a TV stand. She now is interested in replacing the tuner/preamp and making it operational. I'm curious to know some opinions as to whether she would be better served just finding a preamp/tuner unit to connect to the 690A for vinyl or bluetooth
 
Register to hide this ad
If you have the amplifier, the tuner should be fairly easy to come by. People usually want the amp, and the tuners can be picked up for fairly short money. With a refresh, you'd have a very decent console. I'd certainly be more inclined to rebuild the stock electronics vs refitting it with modern but I tend to be a little stubborn that way.
 
Back
Top Bottom