theliminator
New Member
Yesterday I picked up a pair of Pioneer HPM-100s that I've been waiting on for a few weeks. To my slight dismay the 'replacement' woofer in one of the speakers is definately not up to par with the original and the crossover controls on both soeakers are missing. This being my first real speaker project I've decided to get some help from all you HPM-100 owners out there. I know replacing the woofer shouldn't be too hard if I can find a single 12" hpm-100 woofer somewhere (anyone have one lying around
), but I'm unsure of what I should be looking for to replace the crossover controls. There are two holes where the controls usually are, and there is a plastic brace of some sort that I can feel behind them inside the speaker cabinet. Assuming I buy new controls, is there any difficult wiring involved? It seems like getting at the inside of the speakers will be tricky...
These speakers are the 100Watt max models, and I'm wondering if there is any difference I should be watching for between 100W components and the 200W versions. Can anyone help me understand what the difference is between a 100W HPM-100 and a 200W? Is there any way I can modify mine to be 200W?
Thanks for all the help you guys have given me, I'm looking foreward to messing around with my first real system here!
), but I'm unsure of what I should be looking for to replace the crossover controls. There are two holes where the controls usually are, and there is a plastic brace of some sort that I can feel behind them inside the speaker cabinet. Assuming I buy new controls, is there any difficult wiring involved? It seems like getting at the inside of the speakers will be tricky...These speakers are the 100Watt max models, and I'm wondering if there is any difference I should be watching for between 100W components and the 200W versions. Can anyone help me understand what the difference is between a 100W HPM-100 and a 200W? Is there any way I can modify mine to be 200W?
Thanks for all the help you guys have given me, I'm looking foreward to messing around with my first real system here!