• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Restoring the lights on a Harman Kardon HK 430.

aamwgm

New Member
Hello,

This is my first post here. I've bought an otherwise pristine HK 430 off ebay here in Europe (Belgium to be specific). As mentioned by the seller, not all of the front panel lights work on my unit (attached photo).

I've been looking at kits to replace the lamps on this unit and have so far found this kit. The kit mentions soldering, which I'd like to avoid.
I'd like to know if there are guides on how to replace the lamps on this unit. There are several restoration videos, but my unit has no issues otherwise. hk.jpeg
 
Register to hide this ad
I found this post, and I see there was never any answer.
But, I have almost the same question. In the past I've replaced the lamps with incandescent, which are mostly burned out now.
So, I'd like to convert to LED. But wondering if I'll need to install a resistor or something to compensate from change in voltage of 6.3 to 8.0?
And if so, are there any guidelines on how to do that.
 
The LED replacement modules have all the electronics that you need already built in. THey are plug-and-play replacements for these fuse-style incandescent lamps.
 
My 330C of the same vintage used 8V LED fuse lamps, plug and play. Usually get mine from Parts-Express when I was ordering other items from them. The 330C had LED fuse lamps behind the dial but still had an incandescent that burned out behind the tuning meter. Red LED lights up the power switch that bulb had also burned out.
 
Back
Top Bottom