• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Reverbed Sanyo TP-636 or Audio Technica LP3

Ironmill

New Member
Hi All

I’m new to vinyl even though I’m in my 50’s. Looking for an entry level automatic turntable. I can get a refurbed Sanyo TP-636 for $100 (new belt and stylus) or $225 for a new Audio Technica LP3. Any opinions or other advice?

Thx
Jim
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi All

I’m new to vinyl even though I’m in my 50’s.

Looking for an entry level automatic turntable. I can get a refurbed Sanyo TP-636 for $100 (new belt and stylus) or $225 for a new Audio Technica LP3.

Any opinions or other advice?

Thx
Jim

Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

A fully operational with new belt and cartridge/stylus is well worth the price you mentioned. :thumbsup:

Take an LP with you and go test it out.
https://www.vinylengine.com/library/sanyo/tp-625.shtml
 
Last edited:
Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

A fully operational with new belt and cartridge/stylus is well worth the price you mentioned. :thumbsup:

Take an LP with you a go test it out.
https://www.vinylengine.com/library/sanyo/tp-625.shtml

That Sanyo's worth that price, if in excellent condition and complete. It's a very nice performing turntable, simple, reliable, and easily maintained. It with care, will last you many years of nice musical results. CEC/Chuo Denki in Japan built it for Sanyo (they made some really nice turntables, this is one of them) .
 
Back
Top Bottom