Hi everyone,i am new to audiokarmer so please forgive me if i get anything wrong.
I have got a revox a700 tape recorder thats got a problem.
When you first switch the recorder on and run a tape from cold there is very little back tension but as the recorder warms up the back tension increses until there is so much it starts running slow. The efect is worse with 7" spools than with 10.5".
I have replaced all the fraco caps in the power supply and thought
(hoped) that this was just dead capacitors somwhere else in the recorder
please can someone help as its a great recorder apart from this.
I have got a revox a700 tape recorder thats got a problem.
When you first switch the recorder on and run a tape from cold there is very little back tension but as the recorder warms up the back tension increses until there is so much it starts running slow. The efect is worse with 7" spools than with 10.5".
I have replaced all the fraco caps in the power supply and thought
(hoped) that this was just dead capacitors somwhere else in the recorder
please can someone help as its a great recorder apart from this.