• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rewiring a sme 3009 s2 imp non removable headshell

TrevorBarten

Well-Known Member
Just bought a turntable with this arm on it and the seller told me to rewire the arm and while I don't know if it's needed or not (yet) I'd like to know if it's any different from a sme arm with a removable headshell since I rewired a couple of those before. It looks quite simple maybe even more so than the removable ones but again I am not sure so if anyone has any experience with this arm please let me know what you know. Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
There's nothing to know. If you've rewired a detachable, with the delicate connector springy pins soldering, this one is a walk in the park.

BTW: The 'none-detachable' isn't really none detachable, it just takes longer.
 
There's nothing to know. If you've rewired a detachable, with the delicate connector springy pins soldering, this one is a walk in the park.

BTW: The 'none-detachable' isn't really none detachable, it just takes longer.
Ok thank you glad to know I have nothing to worry about since I heard that the series 3 is pretty hard to service and I feel like the series 2 improved is pretty similar to those arms
 
Back
Top Bottom