• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

rf-82 vs rf-7 worth the price difference

rennocneb

Member
i have a pair of rf-82s and would like to have something with a bit more bottom end. Trying to decide between adding a sub or two, or jumping to a pair of used rf-7s. how much better are the 7s? i cant audition them side by side.
 
Register to hide this ad
i have a pair of rf-82s and would like to have something with a bit more bottom end. Trying to decide between adding a sub or two, or jumping to a pair of used rf-7s. how much better are the 7s? i cant audition them side by side.

RF7s are miles better. Seriously, specs alone do not eventell the whole story, but the differences are obvious . . . and the RF7s are wood veneer (just vinyl covering on the RF82s).

Get the RF7s (you'll need the RC64 center to keep up) and move your RF82s to surround duty. Sell off the RC62 center, if that is what you are using now.

Just IMO.
 
RF7s are miles better. Seriously, specs alone do not eventell the whole story, but the differences are obvious . . . and the RF7s are wood veneer (just vinyl covering on the RF82s).

Get the RF7s (you'll need the RC64 center to keep up) and move your RF82s to surround duty. Sell off the RC62 center, if that is what you are using now.

Just IMO.

What makes you think the OP is talking about a HT system? Maybe he is but I see no reference to it.

cubdog
 
Ive had the RF-82 and the RF-7II and the gap is substantial in my opinion. Much bigger soundstage, prominent highs, and much more powerful lowend with RF 7iis. I would definely go with the 7s if you can afford them.
 
Last edited:
Have a pair of RF-82 II's. They aren't great. Bass is mediocre and they just aren't warm enough for me. They are going to be replaced when I find something I like. Not sure about the Rf 7's. Only heard them in a showroom and I did like them. if I had a do over I would have spent the extra money and bought them over the 82's.
 
in debating on it. the room is small so not sure if i want to try to shoe horn the 7's in or if they will gain that much in there. plus im comparing the orginal RF-7s against the 82s and the orginals tend to be a bit brighter than i really like.
 
I have the RF-82's which I use for the front speakers in my HT. I do not care for them at all in two channel. I want to upgrade to RF7''s if I can ever find any reasonably priced.
 
I've never heard RF7s although I did own a pair of RF7IIs. I'm kind of sad I sold them as I did like them a lot. I used them for 2 channel only. They were certainly beautiful to look at!

cubdog
 
I have to agree cubdog. I will continue to enjoy my speakers for price/performance until I can do better.Wich may never happen and I am cool with that!!
 
Last edited:
I have the RF-82's which I use for the front speakers in my HT. I do not care for them at all in two channel. I want to upgrade to RF7''s if I can ever find any reasonably priced.


That's a good analysis. When used for 2 channel they show their flaws.
 
I have the RF-82's which I use for the front speakers in my HT. I do not care for them at all in two channel. I want to upgrade to RF7''s if I can ever find any reasonably priced.

I found the same thing. When using them for movies and TV, I found my RF82s just fine. But when I went to listen to serious 2 channel stereo or direct music (even on the same AVR), I found the RF82s lacking, even when I used them in a 2.1 configuration.

The RF82 setup found a good home/buyer when I upgraded.

Now I listen to more 2 channel music than ever (and sometimes still 2.1).
 
Back
Top Bottom