• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

RIP Art Clokey - Creator of Gumby

wajobu

Boing Boom Tschak
Here is his first film (pre-Gumby) from film school 1953 that started it all (love the Jazz soundtrack!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXdHTP7omZk

The original Gumby intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhczFRlBT2E&feature=related

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-me-art-clokey9-2010jan09,0,3938052.story?track=rss

I always liked this 1956 episode of Gumby on the Moon and how his father rescues him with a telescoping fire engine ladder :D: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWYYkF6DOnk
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
A lot of people don't know this, but Sneaky Pete Kleinow, country-rock pedal steel player extraordinaire, was also a stop-motion animator who worked on Gumby and was tapped to write the theme song. Pete died in 2007. We're losing greats left and right.
 
And I just got a poseable Pokey this Christmas.

Sad to hear he's gone.
 
I had a friend in my college days who did some short stop-motion clay-mation and human-ation works, inspired by Clokey's work--great stuff!
 
Aw.. that's pretty sad, but I guess we all gotta go sometime..

I hadn't posted yet cause I was out looking at a new truck... but the second I saw this I was bummin.. Guess I need to change my avatar in honor...

OK.. changed.. With a music theme of course.... RIP Art......
 
I'll miss Art. But I have a Gumby that rides with me on my roadie. I found him hurt and alone on a road about 20 years ago and he's been my riding buddy ever since. :thmbsp:
 

I was 6 years old for a minute there.......

gumby.jpg
 
I wonder what he thought about "I'm Gumby, Dammit !"...RIP, Art...You brought a LOT of joy to a LOT of children down thru the years...And that's about the best epitath a feller could have, IMHO.
 
I tried to explain Gumby to the Russians last year, and needless to say, they had no clue. Too bad - they missed out. :thmbsp:
 
Wow bummer. That was THE show we would watch when we ditched 6th period and sneaked over to my friend's house.
So sad..
I just got a huge blow up Gumby also! He's like 5' tall. I'm gonna take him for a ride in my car in honor of Art.

I've always wondered one thing...what was that blue thing that hung with Prickle? Her name was Goo.
She looked like a whale but she could poop out spider web stuff out of her um.. whatever.
And I think she could fly too.. not sure.
Anyone know what the hell she was?
 
As a kid, I loved watching Gumby and Pokey. Later on I appreciated the humor and the surreal aspects of it.

Davey and Goliath as well.

RIP Art/Gumby
 
I've always wondered one thing...what was that blue thing that hung with Prickle? Her name was Goo.
She looked like a whale but she could poop out spider web stuff out of her um.. whatever.
And I think she could fly too.. not sure.
Anyone know what the hell she was?

Goo was cool, always wondered what she was also.
 
Back
Top Bottom