• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

RIP Larry Coryell

Register to hide this ad
I saw him a couple of times here from up front in a small club. Remarkable. One of my favorite records is "Two for the Road - Coryell and Khan", from the late 70's. If you're a Coryell fan and see it, grab it.
 
Another real loss for jazz fans everywhere.
I sure hope there is some new comparable talent coming up, but I have to wonder if we'll live to see the like again.
 
One of the very first records to introduce me to jazz was a Larry Coryell album. Sad day...
 
Wow. We pressed many Larry Coryell CD releases where I used to work. Great stuff. I always looked forward to seeing his master tapes come in. I loved proofing the new releases. Larry will be missed. R.I.P.
 
RIP Larry. You were a great player and a nice guy. Discovered him during college doing fusion. Lost track of him during some early career years then got back into music 25 years ago when a friend turned me onto his blues playing. His duo album with Emily Remler blew me away as did later trio work, couple of live CDs from Seattle, a solo acoustic recording and others.
I saw him in concert in Hawaii about 10 years ago and he was smoking on both electric and acoustic. Got to talk to him afterwards and just a nice friendly guy.
He will be missed.
 
6a00e008dca1f0883401b7c8ea95ce970b-800wi
 
Back
Top Bottom