• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

RIP Norm (George Wendt)

init4fun

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Subscriber
George Wendt, who played Norm on Cheers, died today at age 76. RIP to a guy who was a mainstay of Cheers and was one of my favorite characters. :(

This post has been edited by me to remove the mistaken news story I originally quoted. Kudos to AK member highvoltage for pointing out the original news story's error(s) :thumbsup:
 
Register to hide this ad
Sad to hear.

Some years back, Mrs. JD and I had lunch with Norm. Cilff, and the bunch.... sort of.
We stopped for lunch at The Bull and Finch (might have been renamed Cheers at that point), which supposedly was the inspiration for the show.

Unfortunately, Norm and Cliff weren't there at the time.
 
Sad to hear.

Some years back, Mrs. JD and I had lunch with Norm. Cilff, and the bunch.... sort of.
We stopped for lunch at The Bull and Finch (might have been renamed Cheers at that point), which supposedly was the inspiration for the show.

Unfortunately, Norm and Cliff weren't there at the time.
I used to hang out at the Bull and Finch on Sunday evenings after I went Ice Skating. This was during the first weeks of the first season of Cheers, before the place got famous. They made a good bowl of Chili. I still have a B&F baseball cap (not branded cheers). It was a fun place and a fun show. RIP Norm
 
Not sure if it's a real thing but I call when a group of people calls you name when you arrive somewhere being "Normed".

It happens more than you might think.





 
Another great Chicagoan and alum of Second City is gone: Rest in peace forever, George Wendt, you "Beverly Boy" (per his being raised in one of Chicago's tonier neighborhoods, especially for the South Side of town). You were and always will be a magnificent comedian and actor.
 
Just a few days before his passing, I stumbled across this YouTube video of all of the one liners that Norm used as he was walking into the bar after the patrons did their usual “Norm!” greeting. Was so fun to watch, and ironic on the timing. Rest in Peace Mr. Wendt, you brightened the day for millions of us, and we will miss you and your comic wit and wisdom!

 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom