• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rippin Blues Guitarist

turnitup

No, the stereo won’t break the crystal...Oh CRAP!
I'm an avid fan of Stevie Ray Vaughan (God rest his soul), but have completely exhausted his library over the years. Anyone know of any blues guitarists (new or old stuff) that I should explore that would likely give me similar satisfaction in music style? I know that there is no replacement for SRV (in my book, arguably the best blues guitarist that ever lived), but I'd sure like to find some new artists for listening in 2015. Also a huge fan of Jimi Hendrix...

Why do the good ones always die so young!?! Heaven must be rockin!
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
A great free resource is allmusic.com, which will list similar artists, influences, and the contributors to albums. A vital resource for music lovers.
 
Are you familiar with Peter Green?
He's a killer Blues guitar player.
He formed Fleetwood Mac and their lps from the late 60s are killer, old-school Blues.
Give him a listen.
 
Give Gary Clark Jr. a listen. I recommend his double live CD.
By the way , it's Jimi not Jimmy
 
As others have said:

Joe Bonamassa
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Glenn Kaiser
Derek Trucks
Gov't Mule / Warren Haynes
Rory Gallagher
Robert Cray
Storyville

Peace and goodwill.
 
The late and great Roy Buchanan,was there anybody else...could make his guitar scream,cry,laugh, now that man could boogey the blues,,,honorable mention to rory Gallagher
hunter
 
Back
Top Bottom