Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
Yeah in fact they sell all kinds of variations of rock speakers for outdoor use. Home Depot even stocks them. But for MUCH better prices that that poor fellow is askin.
A lot of the rocks in Area 51 have motion detectors in them so the ETs can X-File your ass and make you listen to Pat Boone on CVs equipped with ultrasonic probes. This started just after the movie "Earthquake!"
Ah hmmmm...yeah you could probably make a pair of those speakers yourself for 3 times less and maybe an afternoons work??.... Anyone got any rocks they've bored the insides out of recently??
Glenz 75,
This is actually a kind of joke for US members and those who love Thor in particular. Area 51 is where the UFOs are supposed to be and Earthquake was a movie that used Cerwin Vega's for the earth rattling bass. Thor is a CV fan so I was poking a bit of fun at him. Things coming out of rocks was the tie in to Area 51 where all this UFO stuff is supposed to happen. I/We are only partionaly demented. For the most part. Howz thingz in OZ?
Well I guess this is sort of a related story. One of the nicest pair of small speakers I've ever heard were made out of concrete. They were 2 ways with a very nice Dynaudio tweeter and 6" mid. They were custom made in Toronto and hand polished to a shine so nice you could almost see your reflection. However these weren't cheap ( about 2K) but the imaging and soundstage were fantastic. Obviously they were a little weak in the bottom end but matched up with a Vandersteen sub they were indescribeable. I've actually gone back to that store but they no longer carry them and have zero information on how I could locate a pair. UGH!!