• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rogers LS 2 history?

Frankie's Market

AK Member
Subscriber
I picked up a pair of these last week, and I have started refinishing them. I have seen various articles about the LS 3/5 but nothing about the LS2. Are they a red haired step child? When were they manufactured? Gimme some background, I know there are Rogers experts somewhere around here!
 

Attachments

  • ls2 a.jpg
    ls2 a.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 43
  • ls2 b.jpg
    ls2 b.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 36
Register to hide this ad
I believe these are from the 80's. There was the LS2, LS4, LS6 and LS7 that were manufactured for the consumer market. I believe they used the LS designation to market their relationship wih the BBC, but these are not BBC Licensed designs.

That said, I'm sure they're a good speaker, but not to the highest standards set by the LS3/5a. Finish them and enjoy them. I'm sure they will play fine. :thmbsp:

Here's a link to some more info...
 
Last edited:
They might use a oem Dalesford woofer. Probably a polypropylene cone.
It was probably a more profitable line for the company since the BBC matched pair standards were not an issue.
 
They might use a oem Dalesford woofer. Probably a polypropylene cone.
It was probably a more profitable line for the company since the BBC matched pair standards were not an issue.

Uhmmm, not sure about that SM... Dalesford I think did Bextrene for the Export Monitor, but the Poly stuff I believe was internal to Rogers. Could be wrong on that.

Here's a link to another thread on this... and Radfordman states;

"My Rogers LS2s have a Rogers labelled 5" KEF bass/ mid with the same chassis as the KEF B110 in the LS3/5a, but a Polypropylene cone instead of the LS3/5as Bextrene cone ."
 
SimplySound it might be in this link. Those are both poly cones in your link. Are they Dalesford made? Dalesford made poly cone for one Rogers model I read in one of my bookmarked links. They also had stock polycones that were made in limited numbers.
Dalesford made more oem drivers then most people are aware of. My Fried bextrene drivers are nothing like stock versions The Feroba 2 magnets are 40% deeper then stock versions. Almost as deep as Fried double stacked magnets made by Carboneau and Gefco but larger diameter. High sensitivity thinner bextrene cones with larger Vas and lower qts, and Fs then any bextrene ever manufactured.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom