• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

RP-8000F cabinet fill problem

kpmadden

Member
A week ago I purchased a pair of RP-8000F speakers, which arrived very quickly in sealed cartons from Abt electronics in Chicago. Upon unpacking the pair, I found that one had a bit of the acoustic stuffing protruding from the rear-firing bass port.

Has anyone in our group observed this situation before? I'm not sure it is a problem - the tech at Abt said it happens with some frequency, but causes no audible problems. Truthfully, I'd like to return the material to its factory configuration, but I haven't figured out how to do that. My hands are too large to fit into the port!

Sincerely,
Keith
 
Register to hide this ad
Why not just unscrew the port and take it out and look. Or maybe even a woofer. Just phillips screws I would imagine.
 
Back
Top Bottom