• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

RS5b

Register to hide this ad
I just bought them,tonight.Need new surrounds,but already ordered them.Looking forward to hearing them.
 
Nice. I like mine. Found mine in a GW and they have become the front mains for the bedroom system. Yeah, we're kind of silly.
 
Also, while you have the woofers out deoxit the mid and tweeter pots, I think that's how mine ended up in GW, the woofers were the only drivers making noise when I tested them in store (and the foam was gone) but I heard some crackles while spinning the pots so rolled the dice.

Also, one of mine had a busted speaker wire terminal and I had to buy a pair of assemblies, so I have an extra should you need it. PITA to replace though, there's about 8 different connections right to the speaker terminals.
 
glad someone will be appreciating them. I looked and waited a long time for mine.

Stu
 
These were my introduction to classic Infinity speakers. They don't need, but like, a bit of clean power. The crossovers in mine had high quality film caps from the factory, and the pots measured just fine. FWIW the schematics out there do not match what was installed in mine. They have what I assume is a pair of zener diodes protecting the tweeter, and I don't see that in any RS5b schematics.

They are still great, but they ended up starting me on a path to a basement full of Infinity speakers.
 
Back
Top Bottom